Interferon experience

My experiences as a melanoma survivor

My Photo
Name:
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Background to this blog

Over a period of many years I have had various minor, and some not-so minor, skin cancer problems. At the end of 2004 I had quite a scare, with a Melanoma on the side of my faceā€¦ This was removed, quite satisfactorily, and life settled down again. However, early in 2006 I discovered a swelling on my neck. This turned out to be Melanoma in the parotid gland. I had surgery to remove this in March 2006. The surgery was seen as successful, and I have been placed on an Interferon treatment program.

The treatment program will extend over the next year! I did some research on the web, and found useful information on Interferon and its effects. However, I found very little in the way of personal experiences from other people. I feel the need to communicate with others who may have gone through the same treatment. Hopefully I will learn more about it, and be better able to handle the effects. And perhaps this may also be useful to others.

This blog will not be a daily recitation of what I did, or did not do! The plan is to add an entry each month, with an overview of the most important features of the month.

Please let me know if you find this useful.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandycheeks80 said...

I am currently on my 6th week of interferon treatment. I am having a terrible time with it. I can only find negative stories online. I finally found your blog and It really makes me happy to hear the day to day details of the treatment. I have also started a video blog of my experience. I would love to know how you are doing now and how you made it the entire year. Any tips would help out greatly.

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home