Interferon experience

My experiences as a melanoma survivor

My Photo
Name:
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Week 47 – Counting the days


Well, dear reader. Do you think I am going overboard with my count-down to the end of interferon? I thought about this for a while, and decided To Hell with It! I have done almost a whole year, and I am now seriously looking forward to not being on interferon, and getting my life back to something approaching normality. I am trying to imagine what it will be like to wake up in the morning without all my muscles feeling sore. And having a full night’s sleep is something I have not had for a long time.

So you will just have to bear with me as I count down!

I have been feeling a lot better lately. I don’t know if this is just because I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel, or some other factors. I mentioned before that I have been taking a rather good food supplement and this may have something to do with it. And I have been getting regular exercise, mostly gardening, but I have managed to get to the gym a few times this year.

So I am looking forward to the last injection at the end of March. Then I will have another PET scan, check bloods etc, and another visit to the oncologist. Suddenly it is all happening! And I am feeling cautiously optimistic that nothing new will be found.

We want to go away for a week once I am over the interferon. It will obviously take some time for my body to get used to not having interferon – Are there any withdrawal symptoms? – And it will take some weeks for my bloods to get back to normal. So, another adventure to look forward to.

Wish me luck! And I wish the best of luck to all of you out there too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home