Interferon experience

My experiences as a melanoma survivor

My Photo
Name:
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa

Monday, March 26, 2007

Week 52 - It ain't over till the fat lady sings


I don't know whether to be relieved, or relieved.... It is still sinking in: I was more worried than I realised. But today I got the results of my full-body PET/CT scan, and it is NEGATIVE! So there it is: After a year of interferon, we appear to be winning.


I know that this is not the final picture. This melanoma could re-appear at any time. And we all have to die sometime - The only questions are how? and when?


But for the present, I only have two more interferon injections, and then I can start getting my body back to normal. I can't wait to get back to gym, and walk the dogs, and build up my strength again, and all the other things that I have put on hold over the last year.


Peace!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Cogratulations, Peter!!!

We're so happy for you. Keep us posted as to how you "recover" and get your life back to normal.

Al in California

6:09 PM  
Blogger Miss Melanoma said...

Yaaaay!
(picture me with a glass raised to you)

-Lori

4:01 AM  
Blogger Miss Melanoma said...

Yaaaay!
(picture me with a glass raised to you)

-Lori

4:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic news!

I've been reading your blog from Australia and I'm so pleased for you.

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home